Tai Chi Wudang Sword – New Year Retreat
Dec 29th 2018 – Jan 3rd 2019
This New Year we invite you to experience a six-day full immersion in the Sahara desert dedicated to the practice of Daoist meditation, Qi Gong and Wudang Tai Chi sword.
ABOUT THE METHOD
The Seven Stars Sword from the Wudang Mountains is one of the jewels of our transmission. It is an ancient method developed by the founding master Lu Dong Bin that unifies martial arts with Daoist ritual magic. The form imitates the movement of the stars and galaxies to embody their power and wisdom.
The practice of sword combined with the Qi Gong and Daoist meditation explores the profound forces that compose the inner and outer universe. These methods were passed down to us by our master in The Five Immortals Temple at the Wudang Mountains in China.
AIM OF THE RETREAT
The purpose of the retreat is to deepen the connection with ones inner nature and with ones true purpose and to empower the mind to pursue it with clarity and determination. The desert is a powerful teacher in its silence and at night it reveals the sky with clarity. As the sword represents the clear vision, the practice manifests the power to cut between the true and the false and to stay aligned to ones true path.
Inside the Sahara desert in the area of Erg Chebbi (Morocco), close to the highest dunes.
The campsite will be purpose build for the retreat and equipped with:
• Sleeping tents with mattresses and blankets included
• Meditation/dining tent
• WC & Shower
• Solar powered lights to illuminate the camp at night.
• This retreat is a unique occasion for anyone who has a manifested or non-manifested bond to sword practice and is suitable for practitioners of all levels.
• All attendees are required to maintain a code of discipline in order to cultivate an atmosphere of learning and growth for oneself and others.
• Qi Gong Exercises
• Tai Chi Sword Practice
• Tai Chi Sword Practice
Three healthy vegan meals will be provided each day by our professional cooking team.
Locally sourced ingredients will be used to prepare the meals purposely designed to provide adeguate nutrition for the training of this sort.
WHAT TO BRING
• Training clothes
• Warm clothes (the nights in the dessert in the winter can get chilly)
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PRICE
• 4 training sessions per day (morning Qi Gong, two Tai Chi sword sessions, evening meditation)
• 6 night accommodation in the desert
• 3 meals per day and water
• Night bus from Marrakech to the desert (return trip)
• Camel trip to the camp and back
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
• Airport transfers
• Travel insurance (we can help you about this)
The retreat will be conveyed in English, however proficiency in English is not required as we can also communicate in Spanish, Italian, Polish and Chinese.
The total price of the retreat is €830.
For the first 9 people who reserve a place we offer a reduced price of €750.
To reserve a place a deposit of €200 is required.
Deposit is refundable until November 9th.
A minimum number of attendees is required and we reserve the right to cancel the retreat if this number is not met.
If your current financial circumstance doesn’t allow you to afford the full price, please get in touch with us and we can discuss possible options.
Tai Chi sword in the Sahara desert is the result of a long journey to find the perfect location for an amazing retreat. When we entered the desert, we were mesmerised by the feelings it awakened in us. The silence, the sky and the land transmitted an unspeakable and ancient power. After spending one night among the sand dunes and the stars, with the sky lit by mysterious silent flashes we knew that we had found what we where looking for.